I've decided that since I can't sleep anymore, I'll write this journal. My last update was in August, so you would think I have stuff to report about, but not really. It was a super busy semester and since I stare at my computer for far longer than I want to think about at work, I spend a lot less time on DA when I am at home. My 2014 was a year of crazy changes in my personal life, but I won't bore you with the details.
Looking at my resolutions from last year:
1. Graduation: check
2. PhD program: check
3. Productive...? Maybe. Learn something? I suppose since I didn't specify what.
I just remember being cold, impatient, and bored. Staring at the countdown on the fridge waiting for numbers to drop.
4. I certainly drew in 2014, but not sure about improvement.
5. My adviser seems to think I'm putting in the effort, so I suppose I've hit the ground running. (Though... yesterday was a wash...)
6. Car: Obtained
7. Fan fiction. Nope. Failed that one.
8. Improvement in yoga? I haven't done any since I moved. Zumba took over.
9. Making friends is difficult. I have a few, but so far, not as close as the ones I left behind. I blame the commuter school part.
Resolutions for 2015:
1. Stick with PhD program and be awesome at it. Or as close to awesome as I can be.
2. Start a garden in the spring.
3. Improve at doodling or whatever hobby I may pick up.
This year is going to be tough in terms of school. I may only have one class this semester, but my research as of late has not been going so well. I guess my adviser has told me that "Rome wasn't built in a day" already...
So, since I finished my last piece for FE Secret Santa, I have had the drawing blues. I have two other pieces in the works, on the coloring stages even, but every time I try to work on them, I suddenly get really bummed. I'm not as good as I had hoped to be right now. I'm not sure what level that was, but I'm finding myself highly dissatisfied. Unfortunately for you, my watchers, this may mean I don't post anything for awhile. If anyone has suggestions of something to do to rekindle my drawing spirit, I'm all ears. Not sure what I'll get into in the mean time. I don't really have the money to get into any other craft type things.
Things stuck in progress:
(not this guy, but for some reason he's the only one who has an emoticon)